Uk Sweden Social Security Agreement

If you do not receive benefits in the EU country where you lost your job and move to another EU country to look for a job, the social security authorities will decide on the social security system that is insured to you (health protection, family allowances, etc.). When you return to your usual country of work, you will be covered by the social security system. You may be posted to another country, but only at the end of a specified period of time since your return to your country of origin (two months are considered sufficient by many EU countries). Third-country nationals (i.e. those who reside in a Member State but are not nationals of an EU or EEA or Switzerland) are subject to EU social security affiliation rules. The rules for third-country nationals apply in all EU countries except Denmark and the United Kingdom. The three EEA countries, Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein, as well as Switzerland, are not covered by the rules applicable to third-country nationals. This means that the conventions only apply to people who are not covered by EU social security affiliation rules. In addition to Sweden, the following countries are members of the EU: Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Croatia, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, the United Kingdom, the Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary and Austria. The other EEA countries are Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein. At the end of the maximum period of secondment, seconded personnel are no longer covered by the social security of the country of origin. At the end of the booking period, Sweden will no longer pay a fee.

Some conventions are structured so that seconded staff remain in the social security system of the country of origin for a period specified in each agreement and then transferred to the social security system of the country of work. These conventions are generally referred to as unintended agreements. Other agreements are designed so that seconded personnel are covered by country of work legislation from the first day of the detachment, when, at the time of secondment, the detachment is expected to remain above the maximum duration of detachment specified in the agreement. These conventions are generally referred to as conventions of intent, i.e., at the time of posting, they are the intent that governs applicable legislation. Both the European Commission and the UNITED Kingdom have confirmed that aggregation rights acquired before Brexit will be protected. There is no agreement on the position of the environment after Brexit. National negotiations between the various Member States and the United Kingdom will be necessary. If you are a civil servant who must work in another EU country (in an embassy, consulate or other official body abroad), you are covered by the social security system of your home country. To access health care in the country where you have been posted, make sure you receive a European Health Insurance Card (CEVK).

You can get a CEVK from your health care provider or social security services in your home country. Social security agreement between Sweden and the United Kingdom If you are an employee, make sure your employer informs your host country`s social security institution in advance and asks for form A1.